This highly interactive workshop introduces a variety of creative solution generation and decision-making techniques. Participants will develop the skills necessary to analyze a problem, generate creative solutions, and decide which solution most closely matches their needs.
After practicing the new tools and techniques, participants will apply them on an interesting case study. The case study presented at the beginning of class will take participants back to ancient Egypt where, as a team, they have to solve a problem, otherwise the Pharaoh will be very angry.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply logical tools to properly analyze problems for root causes.
- Establish and compare options in a variety of situations.
- Identify the best choice from various options and address group think.
- Achieve group consensus about important decisions.
- Apply a four-step process to systematically solve problems and decide on appropriate solutions.
- Use methods and tools (systematic process and fishbone diagramming) to discover the underlying cause of a problem.
- Use brainstorming, mind mapping, and several other creative thinking techniques to generate possible solutions to the problem.
- Use the following decision-making techniques: Pro/Con, Force Field Analysis, Decision Matrix, Feasibility/Capability Analysis, and Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Create an action plan to implement the appropriate solution.
Business professionals who want to develop practical skills and approaches to problem-solving, creative idea generation, and decision-making tools where the solutions are not always obvious.
Step 1: Define the Problem
- Systematic problem definition (six basic questions)
- Systematic problem definition grid
- Cause and effect/Fishbone/Ishikawa diagrams
- Why-Why diagrams
Step 4: Implement Solution and Create an Action Plan
- Planning and scheduling
- Planning steps
- The big planning tips
Step 2: Find Creative Solutions
- Eight blocks to creative thinking
- Mind maps
- Reverse brainstorming
- De Bono’s six thinking hats
Step 3: Evaluate and Select Solution
- Pros and cons
- Steps in force field analysis
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Feasibility/capability analysis
When you’re ready to get to the next level,
reach out to me and we can discuss a training success path.
See below for contact information or use the Message Me form to get in touch.
+1 (561) 577-1979
100 S. Belcher Rd. Unit 5352
Clearwater, FL 33758